The European Digital Forum is a think tank led by the Lisbon Council and Nesta, in collaboration with the European Commission's Startup Europe Initiative. Founding partners include Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) and the European Investment Fund. Accenture serves as partner.
The European Digital Forum is a first-of-its kind think tank dedicated to empowering tech entrepreneurs and growing Europe’s digital economy. The European Digital Forum gives a voice in public policy to the continent’s most enterprising and innovative entrepreneurs.
The European Digital Forum aspires to become Europe’s leading think tank and policy network on digital economy and digital entrepreneurship issues. It is designed as a “broad church,” meaning that it will seek to take digital economy issues – which are oftentimes seen as niche or sectoral in nature – and place them squarely in the wider economic context.
The European Digital Forum aims to deliver thought leadership in transforming the European economy “from coal and steel to wired and digital.” A crucial element in this transformation is encouraging Europeans to become web entrepreneurs, supporting technology startups and engaging with established corporate players, with the overall purpose to intellectually engage and inspire a new generation of leaders and doers. Against this backdrop, the European Digital Forum is uniquely positioned at the interface of technology/tech entrepreneurship/innovation and public policy.
The day-to-day operations of the European Digital Forum are managed by the Lisbon Council and Nesta, two of Europe’s leading innovation think tanks.
The Lisbon Council for Economic Competitiveness and Social Renewal asbl is a Brussels-based think tank and policy network. Established in 2003 in Belgium as a non-profit, non-partisan association, the group is dedicated to making a positive contribution through cutting-edge research and by engaging politicians and the public at large in a constructive exchange about the economic and social challenges of the 21st century. Its website is www.lisboncouncil.net.
Nesta is the United Kingdom’s innovation foundation. It helps people and organisations bring great ideas to life. It does this by providing investments and grants and mobilising research, networks and skills. It is an independent charity enabled by an endowment from the national lottery. Its website is www.nesta.org.uk.
• Gilles Babinet, digital champion of France
• Xavier Damman, co-founder, Storify
• Gerard Grech, CEO, Tech City UK
• Charlotte Holloway, head of policy, TechUK
• Hervé Le Jouan, founder and CEO, Privowny
• Kaja Kallas, member, committee on industry, research and energy, European Parliament
• Tom Kirschbaum, co-founder and chief operating officer, Ally
• Saul Klein, serial entrepreneur and investor
• Bernard Le Masson, managing director, public service, Accenture Strategy
• Stewart McTavish, director, the University of Cambridge ideaSpace
• Victor Negrescu, member, committee on budgets, European Parliament
• Gergana Passy, digital champion of Bulgaria
• Eva Maydell, member, committee on the internal market and consumer protection, European Parliament
• Wojciech Przybylski, project leader, New Europe 100; president and editor-in-chief, Res Publica Nowa
• Marjut Santoni, deputy secretary-general, European Investment Bank
• Matthias Ummenhofer, founder and managing director, mojo.capital